Southwest Airlines allows you to check bags starting 24 hours before your flight, which aligns with their check-in window. If you arrive at the airport earlier than that, you will have to wait until check-in opens to check your bags. However, Southwest’s baggage policy allows you to check two bags for free, so it’s a good idea to arrive at the airport with enough time to check in and go through security.

Does checking in early get you a better seat on Southwest?

Yes, checking in early can improve your chances of getting a better seat on Southwest Airlines. Since Southwest does not assign seats and uses a boarding group system (A, B, or C), the earlier you check in, the better your boarding position will be. Passengers with A boarding passes can board first and choose their seats, while those with B and C boarding passes will have to board later. Therefore, checking in as soon as the 24-hour window opens can significantly enhance your seating options.

Is Southwest check-in exactly 24 hours?

Yes, Southwest Airlines check-in opens exactly 24 hours prior to your scheduled flight departure. This means that if your flight is set to depart at 2:00 PM, you can begin checking in at 2:00 PM the day before. This precise timing is crucial for securing a favorable boarding position, so it’s recommended to set a reminder to check in right when the window opens.

When can I check in for my Southwest flight?

You can check in for your Southwest Airlines flight starting 24 hours before your scheduled departure time. Southwest offers online check-in through their website or mobile app, making it easy to secure your boarding position and manage your travel details. Checking in as soon as the window opens is advisable, especially if you’re hoping for a better boarding position, as Southwest uses an open seating policy.

How do I find my Southwest Airlines confirmation number?

To find your Southwest Airlines confirmation number, you can check your email for the flight confirmation you received when you booked your ticket. This email will typically include your confirmation number prominently displayed. Additionally, you can log into your Southwest account on their website or app, where your upcoming flights will be listed along with their confirmation numbers. If you cannot find it, you can also call Southwest customer service, and they can help you retrieve it using your personal information.